Mumbai is known as the City Of Dreams. It is a place that empowers people to dream and then enables them to chase those dreams to their best possible capacity. Many people think that Mumbai is synonymous with the Indian film industry, but this city has so much more to it than just that.
Mumbai is a melting pot of different cultures and ethnicities. It is an excellent place to visit with your friends and family as it embodies the charm of what a vibrant, fun and vivacious city should look like.
Why Should You Choose Mumbai?
Mumbai is one of the most happening cities in India and it is the ultimate fun destination for the following reasons:
- The Beautiful Arabian Sea : Take a stroll down Marine Drive to view the mesmerising expanse of the Arabian Sea as it merges with the horizon and the sky. If you are a beach person who fancies a place that boasts of sand and sun, Mumbai is the place for you!
- Culinary Delights : There are some of the most exceptional places to hang out in Mumbai in terms of culinary delights. From Michelin-star restaurants to street food wonders, there is something for everyone.
- It Has Something For Everybody : No matter if you are a fashion aficionado, a party goer or have an affinity for serene beaches, Mumbai has a lot to offer. Furthermore, the star power of this city is bound to make you star-struck for sure!
Exquisite Places To Explore In Mumbai
If you happen to be in Mumbai for a leisure trip or work, you can check out the following places:
- Marine Drive : Also known as the queen’s necklace, it is one of the best places to visit in Mumbai with friends and family. The crescent-shaped promenade offers excellent views of the sea. Try to visit this place during sunset and the view will simply blow your mind. Take a walk along the promenade and savour some lip-smacking street food along the way.
- Hanging Garden : Mumbai is known for its fast-paced life, hustle and bustle culture. But, there is a little green haven called Hanging Garden that feels like a charming oasis in the middle of the city. Much like New York’s Central Park, Hanging Garden is also located in the posh neighbourhood of Malabar Hill. There is no entry fee to visit this place and the greenery will truly warm your heart.
- Essel World And Water Kingdom : Located at Gorai Island, these sister amusement parks are amongst the best places to chill in Mumbai, especially if you like thrilling rides and water sports. If you're planning a family picnic or a fun day out with friends, these parks offer nothing less than thrills and entertainment for all to enjoy.
- Jio World Drive : This is one of the coolest places to hang out in Mumbai, especially if you want to treat yourself to some retail therapy. A new addition to Mumbai’s recreation landscape, this mall prides itself on having some of the best shopping and dining destinations. While you are there, you must check out their drive-in theatre. Sounds like a cool experience, doesn’t it? We think it’s a great place to spend the day with your family or friends.
- Gateway Of India : The Gateway of India is an architectural marvel that personifies history and heritage. It is one of the most iconic landmarks of Mumbai and the whole stretch from the Gateway Of India to the Taj Hotel, is worth strolling around. It is one of the topmost places to visit in Mumbai with friends and family.
- Bastian : We are sure that you must have heard this name pop up on your social media feed from time to time. Known as the best place for celebrity spotting, this upscale restaurant offers a sumptuous offering of global cuisines. Their seafood and dessert options are simply to die for! Located in Bandra, Bastian is one of the most fun places in Mumbai.
Tips For Packing And Efficiently Planning Your Mumbai Visit
If you are planning to travel and visit some fun places in Mumbai, you should keep the following tips in mind while packing:
- Mumbai experiences sudden showers during the monsoon season. Therefore, it is important to keep umbrellas and monsoon gear with you at all times.
- Although Mumbai is a cosmopolitan city, it is still advisable to carry and wear modest clothing so that you can travel around with ease.
- Carry comfortable shoes with you so that you can comfortably navigate through the city. Mumbai has a lot of cultural heritage and scenic beauty. Hence, walking around the city is always a great way to explore Mumbai.
- For most of the year, Mumbai has a humid climate. Therefore, it is a good idea to check the weather before you start packing for your trip.
Mumbai is a dynamic blend of cultural heritage and contemporary appeal. No matter if you are looking for a taste of history or vibrant gaming places in Mumbai, there is no dearth of options. From the vibrant streets of Juhu to the serene beauty of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, one can spend hours, days and months revelling in the unique vibe of this place.
If you wish to experience Mumbai’s magic to the fullest, we suggest you take note of the places mentioned above and allow this city to sweep you off your feet with its charm and allure.
- Where should I go with my friends in Mumbai? : You can go to Marine Drive, Juhu Beach, Jio World Drive, BKC, Phoenix Mall, Palladium or any other happening place to chill with your friends.
- Which weather is best for visiting Mumbai with friends? : We truly believe that the best time to visit Mumbai is from October to February (post-monsoons).
- How can I spend the night in Mumbai? : There are several bars, restaurants and nightclubs to spend a fun evening in Mumbai. You can check out Olive, One8 Commune and several other places while looking for places to chill in Mumbai.
- What is the best food to eat in Mumbai? : Vada pav, pav bhaji, paani puri and chaat are some of the most famous and iconic street foods in Mumbai.
- How much innerwear should I pack for when travelling? : While packing for a trip make sure to include - vests, briefs, boxers and trunks, make sure that you have at least one undergarment for each day if you are going on a short trip. For longer travel plans, you can pack a reasonable number of innerwear and reuse them after washing. Make sure that you consider the washing and laundry facilities at your place of travel while keeping your innerwear.
- What kind of loungewear should we take? : While packing loungewear for your travel plans, you should pack comfortable track pants, joggers, shorts and t-shirts. These will come in handy when you travel around or chill with your friends or family.